Translate

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weight? What weight?

I'm in denial no longer. After your child says "You mean get fat like you Mommy?" during a discussion about eating healthy and staying active I can not be in denial anymore. As much as that hurt my feelings, it wasn't like I could tell her "No, not like Mommy" because I am very obviously over weight. And how does a parent explain to her child that your body is your temple and should take care of it when I am not?

So, here I go again on a journey to lose some weight. Not aiming for super skinny but a healthy weight. I do not want to be ashamed at what I look like. My whole body image is very poor. I wear clothes that hide what I can't hide. I eat to comfort myself even when I'm very full. I eat because I'm bored. I don't excercise not because of my knee even though it limits me to what I can do, I don't because I'm lazy. No more! I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of neglecting what I should not be. My house is clean, now lets clean up the body! I'd like to shop in the regular section at Target and not the plus side!

Now I'll need to have some support here gals! I may drive ya'll nuts with my ramblings of food and excercise but I know eventually I'll see the results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment