Translate

Friday, May 11, 2012

Creativeness?

Tomorrow at our church, we're doing a Ladies Luncheon in honor of Mother's Day. Mothers & Daughters coming together to fellowship. This year we also signed up to decorate a table for the luncheon. So, my sister in law and mother in law and me. We worked together. Last minute. To put this table together. It was just comical trying to come up with something we all liked and thought would work.

One idea I had was to paste tissue paper to the underside of the clear plastic plates to give them color. I saw it somewhere a long time ago and always wanted to try it out. What better time than NOW, right?!?!?! Off I went to Google how to do this supposedly "easy" project. In my head it was easy peasy. Probably because my brain is crafty while my hands are not. Ha! I found directions. Here we go!

First you start off by covering your table with plastic, I used a trash bag.





This is to save the table from the glue that will for sure NOT stay on your plate. :) Trust me on this. You want to cover your table. (Think finger paints with young children only it's glue.)

Next, you gather your other materials.
I put the glue in one of those Glad containers and used a sponge to paint it on the bottom of the plate. But then my mother in law came over and added water to the glue and used a paint brush instead!!! I was AMAZED. Seriously. Why didn't I think of this before?

Then you use one of the plates as a template, trace it on the tissue paper, fold over, and cut out however many you need. We needed 8 dinner plates and dessert plates. :)
I didn't take pictures of me cutting it out. Why? Because I'm just not talented that way. So take my word for it.

Next you want to brush the glue/water mixture onto the underside of the plate, then cover it carefully with a tissue paper round. Let dry. It took about 2 hours for them to dry completely. After an hour you could touch them but not quite all the way dry. So for a while my table looked like this:

  My sister in law thought it'd be awesome to put a Bible verse on the bigger plates and then put the tissue paper over it. Here's the end product:
                                                                       Matthew 6:28.

Here's a sneak peek at the flowers:
Not the finished product, just a tease! Don't want to give away the whole table before its debut tomorrow! :)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely! You went to a lot of work. I'll bet the ladies enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun. Really didn't seem like work at all. Just enjoyed spending time with my in-laws while doing it. :)

      Delete