Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Desert!

So. Um. Tonight I'm making Chicken with Cream Sauce from Stacy Makes Scents. :) Link for ya:
http://www.stacymakescents.com/chicken-with-cream-sauce

I'm super duper excited.
The only picture I got of it was the chicken:

I'm so sorry. Ha ha ha ha. I boiled the chicken and shredded/cut it instead of cubing it like the recipe suggests. And then life happened, as it usually does in this household, then I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. It's all gone now though. Now you know it's YUMMY.

Now, on a different topic, do you see this giraffe?! It's super cool, super huge, and totally says "Buy me, then take me to your sister in law's house because she'll LOVE me." 
We saw it driving by one day back in June and finally went back last month to check it out. It was a day spent checking out all the cute antique and second hand stores on the other side a mountain range. Yup. You know, the city where the husband works, connected to the Hoover Dam.  

See? It's AWESOME.

At the same place was this horse. *I* want this horse. Doesn't it look swell?!?!

See this HUGE box of Mike & Ikes? It's for real. Full of candy. We didn't buy it although we really wanted to. We'd need to have a party and just serve those just to make the cost worth it. Sort of like the M&M Store on the Strip. You don't buy stuff there unless you have a special occasion. 



Here's a shot of the kiddos. We went exploring to Red Rock Canyon and all the kids found these jack rabbit ears to pose with. Aren't they adorable? I thought so. I took them home and didn't eat them. We plan on going back when it isn't so hot. 



We have this cool thing in the front of our house, a sort of courtyard type. We have a bench behind the kids there to sit on but it needs to be replaced. I'm thinking a table so we could have a little coffee time?


Do you like our palm tree and bushes? Our only lawn decor. You see the rocks my kids are standing on? OUR WHOLE LAWN is rocks just like that. Backyard, front yard, side yard. No grass. Just the big palm tree and those bushes. YUP. 


We've also started going to a church here in Las Vegas. It's a good drive from our house but we think it's worth it. We love the Word being taught and hope to get more plugged in. All 5 of us seem to enjoy the fellowship and the learning going on. Our oldest is in the in between stage here in Nevada, she's too young for the youth groupish phase and too old for the younger stage so she hangs with the younger during Sunday School and then with us during service. No more Junior Church for her! Next year though she'll jump into the Youth Group! How can that be?!?! I'm not ready for that yet! :) 

SO this is what's going on in Las Vegas. :) We are getting used to life here and just got busy. Decided to put both feet knee deep in the trenches. We've made some connections and hopefully it'll be the start of some awesome friendships God willing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment