Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's October!

We've had a lot going on since the last I posted! My husband and I celebrated an anniversary on September 27. 16 years married to my best friend.

Aren't we just the cutest? 

I was 18 and he was 19. We were really young. I wouldn't recommend getting married so young. We had a lot of growing up to do ourselves. I am so glad I got to do it with him though. I couldn't imagine spending the last 16 years without him by my side. I pray God blesses us with many many more years.

Last month we also remembered the son we had after we were married. He's up in heaven. I'd like to imagine him hanging out with his Grandpa W. and my Korean grandparents, all worshiping Jesus by dancing. Maybe singing too since my grandmother wasn't much of a dancer when I knew her. Maybe swapping stories about his Mom and Dad. Maybe looking down, chatting it up with Jesus about his little sisters and little brother. Who knows. I know his time on earth was exactly how many days God wanted. I remember hearing his heartbeat the day he was born. The nurse had put a heartbeat doppler on my belly that morning to check and all was normal. Till that afternoon when my water broke and our world, at that moment, fell apart. We held him, named him, kissed him, and loved him after he was born. I wish no one had to live through that. But now, many years after his birth and ascent into heaven, we remember quietly. I sometimes still shed a few tears, wishing I could hold him just one more time, and every year I hug my kids a little tighter thanking Jesus for letting us have the three right now on earth.





 And God started it all with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment